1.Once your skin is downloaded, extract it to where ever you want. I extracted the skin to the desktop.
2.Go to the folder of the skin and read the read me or look at the screenshots or whatever you want(I usually take this part and delete the .vmts or normals because I want better fps but you can do whatever you want. )But at the end press "cut" on the weapons name folder it should say k98.
Now find this folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Username\
To get there, click on My Computer, C: Drive, Program Files, Press "S" to find s folder go to steam then press "S" twice and your at "Steam Apps" (this is your GCF files where u extract default stuff from the game). Click on your steam account name.
Now follow the trail! I bet your feeling a little bit like Alice in Wonderland wanting to see how far the whole goes... no you aren't because I'm telling you!
3. Click on day of defeat source in your steam name folder. (Refer to screenshot A)
4. Click on dod in your day of defeat folder. (Refer to screenshot B)
5. Press "M" once and click enter. This is your materials folder.
6. Click on models in your materials folder. (Create one if you do not have it) (Refer to screenshot C)
7. Click on "Weapons in your models folder. (Create one if you do not have it) (Refer to screenshot D)
8.You click on v_models in the weapons folder. (Create one if you do not have it) (Refer to screenshot E)
v_models= what you see in First Person
w_models what you see on the ground or somebody's hand while running.
9. Now in your v_models folder, paste the models we copied earlier. (Refer to screenshot F)
That's it, you are done! If it does not work, feel free to post in the forums or pm me.
Edit by BigDog